Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Green Tea Taste-Test Results

Same Brand Green Tea Brewed Differently
Okay, I put this on my
To and Fro Blog because I originally mentioned it here (even though most of my Food and Drink topics are usually on my We Must Eat and Drink blog).  I talked about how tea will send you on a Journey (sometimes even all the way to China!)

I normally will take green tea and add hot water that has been sitting in my Reverse Osmosis Filtration System Machine all night and pretty much forget about it until I am ready to ice it. 
Iced Green Tea -Yes, a Mason-Jar-Full

Sometimes the tea ends up very strong and bitter, and other times, when I am very thirsty I barely let it steep because I can't wait to take a drink.

So, I found out that is NOT the proper way to make green tea.  This morning I made a cup of my regular style green tea, and then I made a cup the proper way (see Tea Course).  The proper way yielded a very mellow, sweeter tea, BUT after sitting for awhile, it pretty much tasted the same as the other one.

My plan is this:  If I am going to drink the hot tea immediately, a quickie (if you like) then I will do it the proper way, it IS really good that way, but if I am going to ice it and have it by my side throughout the morning, then I will do it in whatever way is most convenient.  I hope I am not offending anyone by the mere suggestion of iced Green Tea, but I live in SoCal and I gotta have it that way.  To make it even, I do drink hot Green Tea in the winter months when it gets downright cold.

I suspect I am not the tea connoisseur I thought I was.  I have been drinking all varieties and brews of Green Tea for over 20 years.  Maybe I ruined my palate with all those horribly brewed teas over the years, but I am not going to let that bother me, because sometimes, the only reason I even jump out of bed in the morning is because of the thought of some Green Tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment